.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Our Thoughts (or the lack of them)

For a more thorough description, read the posts.

16 July 2007

Three days left

Today is Monday, and the time is 6:10. I am in a cafe in the Gwangju City Center (called "Shinae"). The cafe is called "Angel in Us", and is owned by Lotte which is a massive company that seems to own everything in Korea. In about one hour, I am going to meet Jeonghyeon at Starbucks next to a bookshop in the city center.

I haven't really written anything in my blog since I was in Korea, but I will write a whole bunch and put up some photos when I get back to New Zealand (I am leaving Gwangju on Thursday morning. The reason I like this cafe I am in now is because it has decent tasting coffee, much unlike most of the other cafes here. In fact I have noticed that good coffee doesn't really exist in Asia, well it does, but it is quite hard to find it.

Yes, I would say that coffee is one of the defining factors of my life. Without a good cup of coffee at least weekly, my life would not have a very good meaning... lol, that is mostly just a joke.

I have done quite a lot of things in Gwangju, including, losing my ability to write English in a truly coherent structure. Haha, I guess that I will return to normal after I return to New Zealand. What you have probably noticed by now is that the paragraphs in this entry are not structured by topic, but rather by an arbitrary amount of sentences.

In Gwangju thus far I have done things including: going to church, going bowling, playing pool, visiting the May 18 cemetary (from an uprising against the military junta), eaten lots and lots of food, gone to a so called "Board Game Room" where you can select a board game from a menu listing about a hundred of them that I have never heard of. Actually this place is very interesting, and perhaps a few weeks just isn't enough to know this place properly. I guess that I will come back here one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home